This position is located within the Office of Research and Development (ORD), Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Central Office. The incumbent will serve as a Public Affairs Specialist and will report to the Chief Communications Officer. The incumbent will develop diverse communication products designed to disseminate information about VA medical, health services, and rehabilitation research to support the polices and programs of ORD.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but may not be limited to:
- Developing and writing social media postings designed to reach national and international audiences, included specialized audiences and target groups with the Department of Veterans Affairs and within various Veteran groups, governmental, academic, medical, scientific and other stakeholder communities.
- Establishing and developing effective media relationships with media representatives and public affairs personnel of specialized groups.
- Enhancing communication methods with media and groups to promote the increased presence for VA Research publications.
- Developing communication and organizational plans by considering specific topics for effective media use for communication with intended audiences.
- Organizing and executing targeted mailings, electronic lists or other products designed to maximize exposure of VA Research publications to various target audiences.
- Creating and maintaining mailing databases.
- Attending scientific meetings, Veterans outreach activities and conventions, and VHA special events as needed, to promote VA research findings and activities.
- Communicating concepts, queries, and instructions concerning dissemination of scientific publications.
- Transmitting written information accurately to a wide variety of audiences.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible: Not available
Telework: May be available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Public Affairs Specialist/PD02553-0/02951-0
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/560672400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.