Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT additional information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to perform professional and scientific work assessing the hazards associated with flight testing guided missiles, ballistic missiles, and sounding rockets requiring design, development, and adaptation of mathematical, statistical, and other scientific methods and techniques.
This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19.
- Performs mathematics principles and concepts, and other scientific and engineering disciplines to carry out conventional scientific processes, mathematics and related disciplines to design, develop and adapt scientific methods and techniques.
- Provides specialty supplemented by experience of space surveillance systems substantially similar in functionality, relevant mathematical.
- Performs broad areas of classical and modern higher mathematics to originate and develop improved and/or new mathematical models in cyber systems, one or more specialized areas of operation and cyber.
- Performs mathematics and physics for own independent research in antennas and propagation.
- Applying and using mathematical and simulation models to verify and validate space systems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/560643200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.