Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT additional information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a chemist/scientist for Environmental, Safety and Occupational Health services.
This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19.
- Investigate, analyze, and interpret the composition, molecular structure and chemical reactions of substances; the prediction of transformation they undergo; and the amount of matter and energy included in these transformations.
- Plan, execute, and report on original studies or ongoing studies with a fresh approach to resolve new problems. Plan, coordinate, and implement test and conduct projects. Serve as an advisor to other scientists.
- Use initiative, resourcefulness, and past personal experience to deviate from established approaches and precedents to develop methods and procedures and to apply principles and theories.
- Represent and authoritative source of consultation for other scientists and program specialists and are called upon to perform a key role in resolving issues that significantly affect scientific programs.
- Make long-range and controversial proposals and defend their findings and recommendations in public or high level forums.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/560641600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.