THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This position is located at an Air National Guard (ANG) Group Commander's Support Staff (CSS) unit.
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1 = Enlisted members of the Louisiana National Guard.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Program Management: Plans, organizes, and oversees the full complement of activities within the Group Commander's Support Staff (CSS). Oversees Group programs to facilitate the Group and squadron commander's vision. Keeps abreast of and briefs the Group and squadron senior Commander(s) regarding assigned program status; actual or potential problems and changes that could possibly affect the operation of the group and subordinate units. Recommends redirection of assets if necessary to achieve improved overall mission effectiveness. Oversees workflow and tasking to ensure personnel and administrative processes are completed as required. Reviews organization mission, functions, and manning requirements. Identifies requirements and initiates requests for additional resources including personnel, overtime, equipment, supplies, and space to ensure success in meeting goals and objectives. Provides advice to senior staff on significant issues and problems related to work accomplishment.
2. Office Administration: Prepares the preparation and review of outgoing correspondence for conformance with Air Force instructions, policies, format, and assembly; for accuracy of spelling, punctuation, form, grammar; and for completeness of reports and correspondence. Reviews incoming correspondence to determine the appropriate action required and priority; referring to appropriate individual or office for response. Personally prepares response to routine inquiries; consolidates information for reports; interprets reporting requirements and implementing instructions; arranges with subordinate offices to submit response; and follows-up to meet suspense or deadline. Compiles and evaluates information for inclusion in a variety of documents and reports. Provides guidance and technical assistance to group staff regarding publications and forms preparation and processing procedures, information privacy, confidentiality, security, disclosure, and sharing of information.
3. Technical Administration: Integrates Information Technology into Group Staff operations. Technical expert in Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Acrobat, Electronic Record Management, and other Air Force information systems to create, copy, edit, and print a variety of standardized documents. Prepares orders for a variety of actions (e.g., special tour, annual tour, school tour, and civilian orders) using the order writing system. Provides training and gives guidance in the preparation and publication of orders. Administers the Defense Travel System (DTS); provides training, approves e-finance process, creates profiles and pulls reports. Communicates needs for collaboration tools with Knowledge Management Center to automate processes. Designs and maintains collaborative tools; including but not limited to the Air Force Portal, SharePoint, websites and dashboards. Serves as a Unit Property Custodian. Will implement and enforce all Air Force cybersecurity policies and procedures using the guidance within AFI 33-200 instruction and applicable specialized (COMSEC, COMPUSEC, TEMPEST etc.) cybersecurity publications as unit Cybersecurity Liaison (CL).
4. Unit Training Program. Assists the Unit Training Manager in managing the unit training program and all subsequent listed duties within this section. Serves as focal point for all Career Development Course (CDC) waivers. Orders and issues CDCs and processes CDC waivers. Tracks progression, and schedules End of Course (EOC) exams. Documents and reports CDC failures to Force Development Flight. Prepares AF IMT 2096, Classification/On-the-Job Training Action, affecting AFSC Special Experience Identified (SEI), or Upgrade Training (UGT) status.
5. Serves as the organizational point of contact and liaison with the Force Support Squadron (FSS). Assists in administering and monitoring personnel resource requirements. Compiles personnel transactions according to the specific, established requirements of each case. Independently determines the steps and procedures necessary to perform the full range of clerical processing functions associated with personnel liaison assignments. Serves as central point of contact to provide authoritative explanations of personnel-related requirements, instructions, and procedures and to assist in resolving operational problems involving all functional areas of personnel. Serves as central point of contact to provide authoritative explanations of personnel-related requirements, instructions, and procedures and to assist in resolving operational problems involving all functional areas of personnel. Serves as an effective relay between the personnel office and management as needed.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/560532000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.