Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP): This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP). EDRP reimburses qualifying student loan debt up to $200,000, based upon the availability of funds, tax-free for up to five years, or service periods.Learn more about this agency
The primary care program at the Salisbury VAMC provides comprehensive patient and care services.
Primary Physician Providers will be responsible for performing duties to include, but not limited to:
- Manage chronic conditions, evaluates and treats current medical conditions;
- Collaborates with a Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) to provide accessible, comprehensive, coordinated, continuous care to an assigned panel of patients;
- Performs a variety of disease prevention related activities including gender and age specific screenings, mental health screenings (e.g. depression, substance use& abuse, military sexual trauma and PTSD) and health promotion activities including immunizations, weight management and exercise counseling;
- Screens for, evaluates and treats uncomplicated common mental health disorders, with referrals made to mental health providers for further evaluation and treatment as appropriate;
- Performs common outpatient & office-based procedures;
- Provides clinical supervision of mid-level providers, medical residents and students, as necessary;
- Performs other patient care related duties, as necessary.
Work Schedule: Various Schedules are available; 8 hour weekday, daytime hours, with potential for occasional Saturday AM coverage.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/560463300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.