This position is in NASA's Pathways Intern Program which provides students with the opportunity to explore NASA careers and gain meaningful developmental work experience. The positions being advertised in this vacancy support the spacecraft, missions and infrastructure for the Center. We are seeking interns for accounting/budget positions in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (Code 150).Learn more about this agency
- As a Student Trainee in Budgeting/Resources, you will perform the following duties with guidance from a senior Resources Analyst:
- Identify relationships between projected program changes and the projected budget; forecast shortfalls and actions necessary to accommodate the changes;
- Prepare special analyses of fund expenditures; assist in evaluating the effect of cost and program changes on the budget execution process;
- Review and coordinate accounting records and prepare apportionments, allocations, and operating budgets; monitor, track, and report on program obligations; conduct annual year-end closing activities and<br>reconcile with accounting records;
- Analyze financial status reports for overall program status; prepare annual budget formulation documents, and ensure that all reconciliations are made as to workload data, accuracy, distribution of programs, etc.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/560338400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.