About the Position: If you do not meet a status eligibility listed under "Who May Apply" for this merit announcement, please apply under announcement #SWGJ202673185183HFF open to all U.S. Citizens continually through 12/31/20.Learn more about this agency
Project Engineer with assigned responsibility for: the management of all phases of complex Architect-Engineer (A-E) contracts.
- Serve as the Engineering Division coordinator and spokesperson for assigned projects.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, direct, and control the combined efforts of Division staff and contract services to ensure the accomplishment of project objectives.
- Develops Division input for the Project Managers Project Management Plan.
- Apply agency regulatory guidelines governing various stages of project development and design process, as well as specific regulatory guidelines, policies, and standard operating procedures for the particular types of projects assigned.
- Acts as Division coordinator for engineering and design support of construction activities.
- Participate as a member of the negotiation team for A-E contract activities.
- Review directives and/or criteria received from the project manager or others which outline the requirements and funds limitations for proposed work.
- Provide regulatory and engineering requirements, initiate and monitor on-site pre-design conferences with members of other organizational segments within and external to organization.
25% or less - Up to 25% travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/560281300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.