This announcement is for TEMPORARY, INTERMITTENT positions NTE 1 year located in various bureaus in the Department of State.The incumbent serves as a Public Affairs Specialist and assists Bureau officers in developing and executing public affairs outreach strategies to inform and help the American public gain understanding of American policy toward multiple countries and/or geographic locations, depending upon the Bureau where assigned.Learn more about this agency
- Identify and develop contact with Bureau officers and other individuals and organizations to promote the understanding, acceptance and implementation of administration policy toward the region where assigned.
- Explores media queries to determine advantages and disadvantages of providing comment to the media and recommending courses of action and wording.
- Assist and substitute for other staff members and carry out special tasks as required including monitoring the Department’s daily news briefing and otherwise assuming responsibility for press operations.
- Organize and execute a series of meetings, seminars and conferences targeted at acquainting the American public with assigned geographic area policy and issues.
- Works with the Bureau of Public Affairs in providing Bureau speakers for interested groups in Washington and throughout the domestic U.S. including planning the itineraries, editing of speeches and talking points, and preparing briefing books.
50% or less - Overseas travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/560047400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.