This is a TEMPORARY, INTERMITTENT position NTE 1 year located in various bureaus throughout the Department of State. During periods of transition, extended absences of senior staff members and critical stages of budget preparation, the incumbent will provide assistance to the Budget Officer.Learn more about this agency
- Studies financial systems used in the Financial Management Division and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Serves on temporary duty assignments overseas to provide assistance to the Administrative Counselor(s) on Budget and Fiscal matters and to act on a temporary basis as the principal Budget and Fiscal officer at post.
- Participates in formal and informal conferences and meetings; provides expert guidance to the financial resources program of the Department; coordinates and synthesizes financial and management data to make recommendations.
- Reviews budget estimates and financial plans developed by the Washington staff and overseas posts; analyzes budgets from the countries in the AF area and determines equitable allotment of funds.
- Exercises financial and management controls and oversight over the rate and type of expenditures made from domestic and post allotments to comply with quarterly appropriations and limits.
75% or less - Overseas travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/560045000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.