IOWA AIR NATIONAL GUARD - TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITIONLearn more about this agency
This position is restricted to current Military members of the Air Force, Air Reserve, or Air National Guard willing and eligible to become a member of the Iowa Air National Guard. Please contact a recruiter at (515) 261-8535 to verify military membership eligibility.
LOCATION: 132d Wing, Des Moines, Iowa
This is an Indefinite Position; may become permanent.
As a CIVIL ENGINEER, GS-0810-12 your duties are below;
- Responsible for the acquisition, construction, maintenance, repair, and operating of real property facilities, and provides related management, engineering, and other support work. Specifically, this includes (a) acquisition, accountability, and disposal of real estate; (b) planning and programming of total requirements for the maintenance, repair, and construction of facilities including financial management of facility programs. (c) provision of basic utility services; (d) maintenance and repair of structures and associated equipment; (e) furnishing snow removal, pest control, fire prevention, and engineering services activities.
- Utilizes program and planning documents in determining real property facility requirements for programmed units and activities within the installation. Accomplishes long and short range planning for replacement of facilities or equipment including contingency operations for potential war or domestic emergency conditions. Oversees development and time phasing of operations and maintenance of real property facility and construction programs to ensure assimilation into the overall installation program.
- Represents the ASUS Architect/Engineer at meetings and conferences with HQ ANG and intermediate command staff, Commanders and staff representatives of tenant organizations, Division and District Engineer representatives of the Corps of Engineers and Naval Facilities Engineering Command, metropolitan airports commission staff; FAA, Veterans Administration, highway department representatives; Federal, states, and city Environmental Protection Agency representatives.
- Determines operational trends and forecasts requirements. Determines and coordinates acquisition and use of money, manpower, equipment and material. Plans required organizational structures to establish the essential functional elements necessary to carry out architectural/engineering responsibilities most effectively and economically. Delegates authority, ensures coordination, and develops new managerial methods and techniques to increase program effectiveness and decrease costs.
- Provides technical instructions and information on architectural, engineering and other technical requirements and assigns phases of projects to subordinate architects, engineers, engineering technicians, and draftsmen. Reviews work accomplishment during progress and, upon completion directs changes to achieve technically accurate and adequate layout and design computations, specifications, and estimates. Directs and reviews establishment and maintenance of record drawings, related files, compilation of data for annual budgets and revisions thereto and project capitalization.
- Participates as technical consultant and government engineering/architectural representative in conferences with Architectural-Engineering firms to insure that completed designs meet Air Force requirements in terms of technical sufficiency and economical use of funds and materials. Indicates and takes follow-up action on such changes in plans and specifications as may be required in order to meet technical, functional and utilization requirements. Prepares for record and higher authority, studies, briefs, reports, summaries, etc., pertaining to the base engineering functions and responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains effective engineering staff relationships with ASUS and tenant organizations. In staff meetings and in daily activities, presents briefings on acquisitions, construction, operation, maintenance, and financial management concerning real property facilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned. D1551000
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/560030700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.