WHAT IS THE WAGE AND INVESTMENT DIVISION? The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.Learn more about this agency
See Other Information for Locations
WHAT DOES A QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST (BLACK BELT) DO? The Quality Assurance Specialist (Black Belt) applies Lean Six Sigma (LSS) methodologies to streamline and improve business processes across the IRS. The incumbent is responsible for the correct application of LSS methodology to lead project teams in achieving the expected results within the project timeframe. The Specialist works closely with the business subject matter experts, embedded quality staffs, managers, and executives at all levels to identify and successfully implement process improvements within the organization. Specialists have the opportunity to work on challenging and diverse projects that impact business performance and quality of service to American Taxpayers.
As a Quality Assurance Specialist (Black Belt) you will:
- Serve as an agency expert that assesses quality performance, improve and develop innovative approaches and methods designed to enhance productivity and performance.
- Maintain stakeholder and Project Champion engagement and communication.
- Work within established policy for the application of Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Methodologies and Lean Philosophy throughout the IRS organization. Apply this disciplined approach to gathering and analyzing data to identify process improvement opportunities across IRS
- Support business case development (including cost/benefit analysis) for recommendations to improve quality performance, taxpayer service, productivity, reduce costs, cycle time, and/or business results.
- Serve as a project lead for multiple projects being completed simultaneously. Work closely with project champions and subject matter experts, maintaining a high level of involvement in the work and support for the project recommendations by team members, Champions, and Leadership.
- As the project lead, oversee the day-to day operation of the team. Oversee the project tollgate and tracking accountability process and prepare project tollgate and tracking updates
- Plan, organize, and execute performance management and process improvements utilizing the Lean Six Sigma methodology.
- Ensure changes are implemented and set up monitoring systems to improve overall performance and service to the taxpayers.
- Design measurement tools, accountability systems, and apply a disciplined approach to process improvements, reviews and evaluates requests for modifications. Responsible for all technical aspects of project approach including development to execution and carries out major improvement projects within organizational boundaries and results in collaborative problem solving
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1-5 nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/560004900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.