This position is located in the Executive Resources and Performance Management Division, Office of Civil Service Human Resource Management, Bureau of Human Resources. ERPM has four major program areas and the incumbent will perform operational, advisory, policy analysis, and program review in any or all of the functions identified.
If eligible, applicants to this announcement may be referred to other positions in other Bureaus/Offices in the Department.
Telework eligible at management approvalLearn more about this agency
- Plans, oversees, integrates, implements and evaluates the Departments policy and operations with regard to executive and political personnel recruitment, staffing, performance management, position management and classification.
- The HR Specialist assists in creating long range policies to address unprecedented issues that require the generation of Human Resources innovations, concepts or principles that lead to department wide developments and changes.
- Reviews, modifies, approves, or rejects proposals for changes to functions, structure, procedures, or policies and participates with higher management making decisions on major changes in work plans operations.
- Consults with Division Director Executive Resources and Performance Management Division, the CSHRM Director/Deputy, the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Human Resources and the departments Executive Resources Board.
- Provides functional leadership and advocacy for the Department of State human resources community on all matters pertaining to the transition and improvement efforts of performance management, executive development, and executive recruitment.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/560001900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.