This position is located in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Acquisition and Contract Management (OCFO/ACM) of the Peace Corps. The incumbent serves as a Senior Contract Specialist or Contracting Officer with up to unlimited signatory authority for a variety of requirements and acquisition and assistance vehicles (including contracts, Interagency Agreements and Cooperative Agreements) for Peace Corps programs.Learn more about this agency
The Contract Specialist performs the following major duties:
- Manage all aspects of the functional area of contract management, including contract formation, drafting and issuing solicitations, negotiations, cost and price analyst, award, contract administration, termination and close-out of various contract vehicles (including indefinite delivery indefinite quantity contracts, purchase orders, interagency agreements, blanket order agreements, etc.)
- Examines and evaluates the contractor's prospective cost estimates or price proposals to determine the necessity, fairness, and reasonableness of proposed contract costs.
- Serves as the lead negotiator, planning the negotiation strategy, coordinating strategy with the negotiation team and leading the negotiation conducted with contractors, negotiate with prospective contractors on pricing, performance, technical terms, and other provisions.
- Negotiates contract modifications and the terms and costs of contract changes.
- Monitors outstanding contracts to ensure satisfactory progress, to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the contract, and to identify problems that threaten contractor performance.
- Reviews past performance reports and conducts reference checks to determine the financial and technical capability of award candidates for the purpose of assessing risk to the government for the successful attainment of program goals and to determine if the award candidate has an acceptable level of integrity and is financially and technically responsible.
- Advises and assists program officials in the drafting of proposal analysis reports documenting the technical evaluation process for selecting sources.
- Provides contract/procurement advice and assistance to program managers, technical and financial specialists, co-workers, and/or others on contract or procurement policies, problems, or issues.
- Responsible for executing all procurement phases of the acquisition process.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559998400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.