If you are ready to begin your new career or are looking for a place to make an impact, what better place than the top ranked agency in the federal government? We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team of dedicated professionals here at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), where we are ranked the number one mid-size agency in the Best Places to Work in the federal government rankings!Learn more about this agency
Our employees gain valuable work experience that provides them with the career boost that they are seeking. We need people like you to help us move the industry forward and continue to shape the future of energy policy.
The Federal Regulatory Commission's role is to oversee various aspects of the energy industry, including transmission of electricity, natural gas and oil. We also analyze proposals to build liquefied natural gas terminals and interstate natural gas pipelines and license hydropower projects. To help support the modernization of the electric system here in the U.S., we are focusing on issues associated with a smarter grid. Join us and help make a difference!
As a Project Specialist in the Office of the Executive Director, your duties will include the following:
- Creates regular and ad-hoc reports, employs data mining, consulting, analysis and reporting in Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition or a similar business intelligence tool.
- Uses reporting tools and dashboards to interpret human capital data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts.
- Acts as a customer liaison among stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for report parameters. The incumbent understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements, and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its business objectives and goals. Ensures that all projects and deliverables are responsive to identified objectives and customer feedback.
- Oversees and maintains optimal function of the Human Resources systems, which may include installation, customization, development, maintenance, and upgrade to applications, systems, and modules. Acts as a liaison with key stakeholders for all HR system changes. Provides technical support, troubleshooting, and guidance to HR systems users. Manages permissions, access, personalization, and similar system operations and settings. Ensures system compliance with data security and privacy requirements.
- Assists senior payroll specialist to ensure payroll related matters are resolved for agency customers.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559955000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.