The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has an immediate need to employ residents of Sioux Falls, South Dakota as temporary local hires to assist with disaster response and recovery efforts. Local hire employees are local residents who aid in the recovery of the community and help their fellow citizens in the recovery process. Apply for this exciting opportunity!Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Local Hire employees:
- Help FEMA respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards by performing a variety of emergency management functions which are not limited to disaster survivor assistance, conducting and verifying damage assessments, and providing administrative, financial and logistical support.
- A local hire’s term of employment is 120 days. Local Hire appointments may be extended, in 120 day increments, for a maximum 365 day appointment, based on the needs of the disaster.
- Work within 23 different Cadres which are groups of personnel organized by operational function and FEMA Qualification System (FQS) position.
- Each Local Hire is hired to a position within a Cadre based on his or her skills and experience.
FEMA is seeking candidates with experience in Geographic Information System (GIS) products and Risk Assessments.
In this position, you will serve as an advisor on Hazard Mitigation Insurance issues and provide technical assistance on Risk Assessments and GIS products. Typical assignments include:
- Assisting stakeholders in defining GIS product requests.
- Conducting mitigation program delivery based research and preparing technical briefings to present findings.
- Providing technical assistance on Hazard Mitigation Grant Programs and 406 Mitigation projects.
- Evaluating technical reports and GIS products to assess vulnerability and risks.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559897900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.