Learn more about this agency
About the position:
This position will be assigned to the Mitchell Memorial Library on Travis AFB, CA.
This position is considered Regular Part Time. Regular Part Time employees are guaranteed 20 hours per week but may work up to 40 hours per week depending on the needs of the facility.
- Responsible for all technical service operations.
- Assists in the training of new library aides and technicians on technical service tasks.
- Independently performs acquisition duties by implementing established procedures for technical services functions.
- Prepares, verifies, and processes all procurement purchase requests in accordance with AF Library and Information System procurement guidelines, regulations, general library philosophies, and funds procedures for various funding sources as directed by the supervisory librarian.
- Collects bibliographic data for ordering library materials.
- Using established procedures, renews subscriptions.
- Monitors receipt of all items purchased and routinely follows up on outstanding orders.
- Performs copy cataloging to meet specific library requirements. Uses automated cataloging resources such as OCLC to obtain and modify catalog records for new library materials in a variety of formats. Downloads cataloging data for materials into the Integrated Library System (ILS) to make the records accessible to library users. Ensures catalog records are accurate and current.
- Maintains name, series, and subject authority control records.
- Using established procedures, prepares library materials in a variety of formats for use by library customers.
- Logs in periodicals and checks for missing issues.
- Assists in the annual inventory of library materials.
- Using established procedures, prepares materials for disposal via excess lists or DRMO and prepares appropriate paperwork.
- Monitors and maintains stock levels of office and specialized library supplies.
- Assists in providing ready reference services to library customers. Refers difficult reference questions to the senior technician or librarian.
- Assists library users with library equipment.
- Uses varied and advanced functions of computer software.
If interested in applying for this position you may preview the online application: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10723251
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559865600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.