This is an opportunity for:
- An internal or external candidate to fill a GS-14 cadre position.
- A Federal Government employee to serve on a two-year reimbursable detail assignment in the ODNI. The detail assignment may be extended an additional year if all parties agree.
Major Duties and Responsibilities (MDRs)
- Lead, plan, and conduct inquiries into possible violations of laws, rules and regulations, mismanagement, fraud, gross waste of funds, and abuse of authority within the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) and outside the ODNI if the violation relates to the Intelligence Community (IC) at-large and falls within the Director of National Intelligence's (DNI) authorities and responsibilities.
- Provide leadership and oversight in the development and implementation of investigative plans for the most complex investigations and projects by framing the allegation(s), determining elements of proof, and identifying investigative tasks.
- Initiate and lead the development and implementation of strategies for gathering and analyzing information and/or evidence, to include interviewing key individuals, administering warnings, oaths, or affirmations, collecting and analyzing high volumes of information, maintaining the chain of custody for evidence, and drafting and serving subpoenas.
- Provide oversight and leadership in planning and implement initiatives to identify and make recommendations to ODNI and IC senior leaders regarding actions they should take to address violations of law, regulations, and other serious problems, abuses, or deficiencies.
- Lead, plan, prepare, and present written documents that include reports of investigation and memoranda to management, and also lead, develop, and present oral briefings for senior leaders regarding findings and the status of complex or sensitive investigations.
- Lead, guide, and assess the progress of corrective measures taken by senior ODNI and IC leadership, and provide expert advice and innovative solutions to senior officials regarding the implementation of recommendations.
- Provide senior ODNI and IC leadership with expert advice and counsel on the development of ODNI policies that are designed to prevent and detect violations of laws, rules and regulations and fraud and abuse.
- Guide the development and presentation of briefings that keep the DNI fully informed of fraud and other serious problems, abuses, and deficiencies relating to the administration of ODNI's programs.
- Lead, plan, and conduct investigations of complaints and other information indicating possible abuse of civil liberties and privacy in the administration of ODNI's programs and operations, as referred by the Civil Liberties Protection Officer.
- Lead joint investigations with the Department of Justice and other Federal agencies regarding alleged violations of criminal law involving ODNI programs, operations or employees, in coordination with ODNI's Office of the General Counsel.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559852400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.