Greater Los Angeles VA healthcare System is recruiting 19 Social Workers GS-11. Assigned to the Community Engagement and Reintegration Services (CERS).Learn more about this agency
Positions will be filled at the following locations:
West Los Angeles VA Medical Center - 11301 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90073
Sepulveda Ambulatory Care Center - 16111 Plummer Street, Los Angeles, CA 91343
Los Angeles Ambulatory Care Center - 351 East Temple Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
The Social Worker position is responsible for providing case management for a caseload of veterans in the Housing and Urban Development-VA Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH) program.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for reviewing agreements between Section 8, landlords, Public Housing Authorities and the VA in establishing appropriate referral sites for HUD-VASH placements.
- Performs site visits of HUD-VASH apartments to ensure that veterans reside in safe environments in compliance with local housing codes. The incumbent verifies the veteran's status, eligibility for VA medical care, and eligibility of program participation.
- Responsible for ensuring that homeless veterans are considered as primary participants for program acceptance.
- Responsible for collecting and submitting HUD-VASH Program participant data as outlined by NEPEC evaluation procedures.
- responsible for providing HUD-VASH case management. Case management is defined as the provision of services by VA clinical staff to homeless veterans and includes all activities to provide appropriate treatment and maintain veterans in HUD approved stable housing.
- Coordinates care including serving as an advocate on behalf of the veterans to ensure comprehensive service delivery, and linking and referring veterans to the VA Medical Center, VA Regional Offices and/or community agencies.
- Actively participates in program planning and development, advising the supervisor of shifting trends with caseloads and identifying the need for and making recommendations on program procedure or policy changes based upon work experiences.
- Performs accountability functions: 1) document all contacts with patients/families in the medical charts; 2) completes statistical and other reports in accordance with VA Medical Center and respective professional discipline service policies.
- Works with VA Medical Center multi-disciplinary teams and community agencies to strive for developing more effective and efficient ways of delivering healthcare services to HUD-VASH Program veterans.
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559837800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.