The Caregiver Support Coordinator Social Worker position is located in the Social Work Service at the Wilmington VA Medical Center, Wilmington, DE. The Caregiver Support Coordinator (CSC) primary responsibilities are to provide clinical evidence based services and interventions; program development; caregiver, Veteran and staff education on caregiver issues; community outreach; resource development; continuous quality improvement activities; and evaluation/consultation. InLearn more about this agency
The Caregiver Support Coordinator (CSC) is a Social Work Program Coordinator whose primary responsibilities are to provide clinical evidence based services and interventions; program development; caregiver, Veteran and staff education on caregiver issues; community outreach; resource development; continuous quality improvement activities; and evaluation/consultation. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing the Caregiver Support Program for the facility and insuring compliance and collaboration with local facility and the VA Central Office Caregiver Support Program initiatives.
- Administering information and analytical systems to evaluate and enhance the quality of service provided to caregivers, families and Veterans. Developing and implementing information systems to track service activities including visits, referrals, caregiver demographics, equipment utilization and caregiver and Veteran satisfaction. Developing, implementing and evaluating clinical guidelines and protocols to establish appropriate utilization of services.
- The incumbent participates in direct caregiver and Veteran contacts to identify and assess caregiver stress/burden and the development and application of directed clinical treatment interventions. Advises and collaborates with interdisciplinary teams throughout the medical center on caregiver issues. Creates educational tools, develops programs and implements training focused on specific caregiver needs/issues. Provides education and in-service training to VA Medical Center (VAMC) employees, Veterans, families and caregivers. Provides ongoing consultation and support to colleagues regarding caregiver support. Develops and facilitates caregiver support groups (face-to-face or VA Nationwide Teleconferencing System (VANTS) telephone line) and educational programs. Distributes educational materials provided by VA, local, state and national caregiver organizations.
- Providing referral to VA medical and mental health treatment and to other VA services including VA benefits, as well as community-based social services and other non-VA entitlement programs. If appropriate, the incumbent provides referrals or consults, or in some cases direct admission of a Veteran to other VA programs including but not limited to the Community Residential Care Program, Respite Program, Community Health Care Coordination Program, Hospice, Home Based Primary Care, Telehealth and Community Nursing Home Program.
- Collaborating with the patient aligned care team, mental health and geriatric primary care clinicians to provide Veteran and staff education on caregiver issues. Coordination will include hands-on support group work involvement, interventions to assist Veterans and their families access resources, training of patient aligned care team clinical social work staff in the development and facilitation of such groups.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not available
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Functional Statement Title: Social Worker (Program Coordinator, Caregiver Support)
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559825100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.