TOUGH WORK. VITAL MISSION. Challenge yourself! You have the power to help combat drug trafficking. Be a part of DEA! It's tough work, but a vital mission. Whatever your background or expertise, your work at DEA will be tremendously rewarding because it will have a daily impact on national security and the quality of life of all Americans.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in Human Resources Division, Suitability Unit; Arlington VA.
The incumbent of this position will perform the following duties:
- Applies security policies, systems, procedures and techniques to determine whether job applicants should be hired, given special assignments or access clearances, or retained.
- Reviews a wide range of security cases, including those involving conflicting statements or testimony on significant security issues; incorporates applicant histories and compares them to outside regulations governing the evaluation of personal credit, drug history, and employment history.
- Initiates required checks of systems such as Narcotics and Dangerous Drug Information System (NADDIS), National Law Enforcement Telecommunication System (NLETS), National Crime Information Center (NCIC), Electronic Questionnaire for Investigations Processing (eQIP) and credit system.
- Provides final interpretations of complex and diverse employment information as it relates to employment suitability.
- Utilizes the Electronic Questionnaire for Investigations Processing (e-QIP) system to initiate suitability security processing.
- Communicates with personnel responsible for suitability determinations in other agencies.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559822400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.