Transportation Assistant (Beneficiary Travel Clerk)The Transportation Assistant independently manages the Beneficiary Travel Program.Learn more about this agency
The Beneficiary Travel Program provides transportation at Government expense to beneficiaries and their attendants traveling to and from VA facilities and other places for the purpose of examination, treatment or care.
- Correctly determines eligibility for the program, and processes requests; determines which of several fund control points to utilize, entering authorizations, maintaining manual and electronic accounting records, performing regular reconciliations and adjusting account balances.
- Determines method of payment for authorized and unauthorized ambulance claims submitted for consideration. Receives invoices for payment of transportation services: investigates authorizations, orders, and/or utilizes the Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS) to review medical records; forwards for supervisory approval and submits all documents for payment utilizing appropriate control point for reference.
- Arranges all modes of transportation via air ambulance, commercial air, taxi, ambulance, bus and/or independent transports. Corresponds with physician, traveler, and vendor to determine the most dependable and economical mode of transportation; prepares appropriate documentation and/or scheduling for traveler according to government rates or substantial rates; makes special arrangements per physician documentation according to traveler's medical condition and/or preference; secures hotel reservations, reimbursement, and meal tickets.
- Maintains communication with receiving facilities regarding beneficiaries return travel arrangements. Reviews requests for reimbursement of travel costs for the purpose of assuring compliance with regulations and procedures, completeness, accuracy, internal consistency, and agreement with basic authorization.
- Responsible for processing travel pay claims, accurately documenting VISTA the claim to the proper account. Prior to processing travel claim, the clerk has to assure they determine the patient is eligible for travel. determines if services were provided at the closet VA facility near their home address or picture ID for travel claim, assure mileage is calculated utilizing varies Maps.
- Responsible for preparing travel arrangements for Veterans and family member(s) who are require to be accompanied to and from medical visits and/or who are on the transplant list (for examination and transplant & recovery process.
- May be assigned to different work areas to maximize customer service.
Work Schedule: 8:oo am to 4:30 pm
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/ Transportation Assistant Business Practice PD# 64064-A
Relocation not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559814400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.