This position is located in the Department of Labor's Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO), Directorate of Information Technology Operations & Services, Division of Customer Service Center, Enterprise Service Desk Branch, and performs a variety of supervisory duties in support of the Enterprise Service Desk. More information on the OCIO is available at https://www.dol.gov/oasam/ocio/
- Position is outside the bargaining unit.
- Recruitment incentives may be considered.Learn more about this agency
Major duties for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Effectively supervises geographically dispersed teams to achieve results.
- Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, set and adjust short-term priorities, and prepare schedules for completion of work.
- Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of the assignments, and the capabilities of employees.
- Serves as the key advisor to the Enterprise Service Desk - Customer Service Manager on the Support Center (SC) tactical and strategic operational and performance goals.
- Supports the organization's strategic plan, mission, vision, and values; applies, communicates and integrates these into the team's operations, workflows, work plans, work products, and services.
- Supervises and coaches the staff in recognizing, recording, identifying, isolating, documenting and resolving technical incident and problems with information systems products and services.
- Ensures a cohesive SC operations in the regions and supports the operations of the IT infrastructure, provides guidance to the team lead in identifying, distributing and balancing workload and tasks among employees in accordance with established work flow, skill level and/or occupational specialization.
- Monitors and reports on the status and progress of work, checking on work in progress, and reviewing completed work to ensure that the Customer Service Manager's instructions on work priorities, methods, deadlines, products and quality have been met.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
14 - This position is at the Full-Performance Level (FPL).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559780000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.