The Review Appraiser (SAH Agent Coordinator) is an out-based position located in St. Louis, Missouri working for the Regional Loan Center, St. Paul, MN.Learn more about this agency
- Function as the Specially Adapted Housing (SAH) Agent and Field Appraiser for assigned jurisdiction.
- Responsible for completing field reviews and processing SAH cases to completion.
- Responsible for the SAH Decentralized Program activities within assigned jurisdiction.
- Perform the technical duties required in the processing and approval of applications for SAH grants.
- Counsel and inform eligible Veterans on benefits available, application procedures, and grant disbursement plans.
- Meet on a case-by-case basis with contractors, architects, escrow agents, lenders, and attorneys to explain VA policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Advise contractors of special features necessary to meet the needs of the Veterans.
- Inspect and report on existing dwellings to determine feasibility of adaptation and their compliance with SAH construction standards.
- Perform appraisals and conduct field reviews of property for loan origination, liquidation, partial release of loan security, sale of VA-owned property, and loss and damage estimates.
- Recommend disciplinary action against appraisers or inspectors who violate government regulations.
- Serve as a Specially Adapted Housing (SAH) Agent responsible for the SAH Program activities within the assigned jurisdiction.
- Perform all duties required in the processing and approval of applications of SAH grants authorized by 38 U.S.C. 2101 (a) and 2101 (b) for specified service connected disabled Veterans.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559767100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.