Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
As an Administrative Assistant for Security Operations (SO), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), you will:
- Provide support to a Federal Security Director (FSD) and their staff by providing a range of routine administrative support assignments.
- Support the work of other employees and will contribute to the overall activities of the organization.
- Answer requests from and provide advice to employees, supervisors, timekeepers, financial management specialists, and human resource specialists on rules, regulations, and procedures relating to pay.
- Train staff to enter time-card data and assist timekeepers with difficult time and attendance issues.
- Certify time-cards and corrections each pay period and conducting random audits.
- Act as a point-of-contact for the National Finance Center (NFC) to resolve employee payroll issues.
- Conduct the word processing of documents, letters, memos and reports.
- Collect and organize materials from several sources to support work projects.
- Develop charts and tables for reports and briefings.
- Interact with internal staff, typically in more than one organizational unit, to share information or discuss status of tasks/assignments.
- Work closely with the Human Resource Specialist on pay-impacting personnel actions (e.g., return to duty, leave without pay, and change of work schedules).
Occasional travel - A minimum of one (1) week of travel in a full-time duty status will be required within 90-days of entry on duty to complete TSA’s in residence New Hire Training. This training will occur away from the employee’s duty station of record. Employees will be paid for compensable hours and reimbursed for authorized travel expenses per TSA Travel Policy.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559747600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.