About the Position: Position may be filled as a temporary promotion or temporary reassignment NTE 1 year by a current permanent Army employee. Temporary promotions or reassignments may be extended up to a maximum of five years, and may be made permanent without further competition.Learn more about this agency
- Determine repair requirements, methods, techniques, tools, time, feasibility and cost effectiveness of making needed repairs.
- Select and use sophisticated test equipment such as oscilloscopes (dual trace, storage, digitized), spectrum, network and distortion analyzers, frequency counters and signal generators.
- Interpret blueprints, schematics, technical manuals, and wiring diagrams when performing repair and related duties.
- Repair and maintain specialized test sets and fixtures.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and repair operational malfunctions in complex integrated electronic equipment and systems.
- Provide assistance to engineers in writing test procedures for new and non-developmental items.
50% or less - Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of up to 35% of the time.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- This position requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Secret security clearance or access for the duration of employment. A background investigation and credit check are required.
- This position requires shift work to provide coverage on evenings, weekends, holidays, or special situations.
- This position has a Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of 35% of the time.
- Successfully complete and pass a pre-employment Physical Examination and an annual examination thereafter to ensure the continued, required level of physical health and ability or fitness to perform the duties of the position.
QualificationsWho May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
To meet the basic eligibility, you must receive at least two points on the screen-out element indicated below and must have an average of two points on all the job elements listed below. Your application will be further evaluated to determine if you meet the best qualified cut-off for referral to the selecting official.
Screen-Out Element (Minimum Qualifications): Ability to do the work of an Electronic Integrated Systems Mechanic without more than normal supervision. I have the ability to perform the most common tasks including the overhaul, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and rebuild of one or more complex multiple integrated systems consisting of several complete electronic integrated systems. I am skilled in developing modifications and testing and repairing procedures and utilizing various types of test equipment such as dual trace oscilloscopes, error digital counters, and spectrum analyzers. I perform total system alignments and conduct final calibrations to determine successful repairs. I work under normal supervision of a work leader or journey-level employee who observes tasks in progress and upon completion to make sure they are properly performed. - Failure to demonstrate your ability to meet this Screen-Out Element in your resume will result in an ineligible rating.
- Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision (Screen-out Element)
- Ability To Use Hand and Power Tools - Electronics
- Ingenuity (Ability To Suggest and Apply New Methods)
- Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc.
- Theory of Electronics
- Trouble shooting (Electronic Equipment)
- Use of Test Equipment: Electronics
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Light to moderate physical exertion is required in lifting and carrying items weighing from 10 to 40 pounds. Occasionally heavier items are lifted with the assistance of coworkers or lifting equipment. The incumbent is required to stoop, bend, and stand for extended periods of time on concrete or composition floors. On some assignments, subject position is required to climb 20 to 50 foot towers.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work is often performed inside in well lighted, heated and ventilated areas. Work is also performed outside in inclement weather. The incumbent is subject to injuries such as cuts and bruises, as well as burns caused by electrical shock, RF energy and soldering irons.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 17 - Materiel Maintenance Management position.
- You may claim military spouse preference (MSP).
- If a MSP applicant is determined best qualified and selected, placement must be at the full performance level for priority consideration.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc). Please review the following links to see which documents you need to provide to prove your eligibility to apply: Applicant Merit Checklist and Proof of Eligibility.
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the Screen Out Element described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
2. Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- Proof of Eligibility to Apply: Your application must include the documents which prove you are eligible to apply for the vacancy. The Proof of Eligibility document describes authorities commonly used in merit promotion recruitment and what document(s) are required to prove you meet the requirements of the authority. You must meet the requirements of at least one of the authorities listed in the Who May Apply section above to receive further consideration.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section above.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 02/24/2020 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10724111).
- Follow the prompts to select your résumé and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
- It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
- Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center.
Agency contact information
Army Applicant Help Desk
AddressAI-APF-W0MLAA TOBYHANNA ARMY DEPOT
DO NOT MAIL
Tobyhanna, PA 18466
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559742700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.