The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This position is located at Club Stewart, Fort Stewart, GA.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
- Prepares and cooks a variety of menu items. Working alone or with the assistance of a higher-grade cook or supervisor, prepares a variety of foods and desserts according to menu requirements.
- Follows recipes to prepare items. Adjusts recipes for larger or smaller quantities. Roasts a variety of meats. Grills and deep fries foods. Broils and steams foods. Slices meat by hand and by mechanical means, to specific requirements.
- Apportions foods for family style servings as well as for plate service. Prepares vegetables and cold food platters. Make a variety of salads and salad dressings. Make sandwiches.
- Prepares eggs in a variety of ways, French toast, pancakes, and crepes. Makes coffee, tea, and fruit drinks.
- Follows health and safety precautions to ensure safe preparation and storage of food items. Monitors and maintains appropriate temperature of all food items throughout preparation and service.
- Brings prepared foods from preparation area to refrigerators or serving area. Picks up items needed for menu preparation, rotating food inventories as appropriate. Takes inventory to determine ordering requirements.
- Loads hot foods in carts. Sets up and serves food as necessary. Check food for appropriate preparation, temperature, and packaging.
- Operates kitchen equipment designed to mix and cook food items. Uses, cleans and maintains power kitchen equipment. Keeps cooking utensils cleaned and ready for use.
- Keeps working area clean in accordance with standard sanitation requirements. Maintains personal hygiene.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559721000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.