The position is located in the Energy Systems Test Branch within the Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center. The selectee will lead activities associated with the design, development, testing of components and systems involving energy storage and the transmission, distribution, and conditioning of electrical power.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a Project Manager and technical expert on the procedures, methods, and techniques used for test, checkout, and preparation of ground test and flight systems hardware.
- Serves as an expert in power system and battery requirements development, power system trade studies, power system design, analysis, integration and testing.
- Manages and concludes various complex project activities to include requirements development, delegation of responsibility, operating policies and procedures, and resource allocation.
- Provides expertise, guidance and oversight for all phases of the project lifecycle, including concept of operations, requirements, architecture, design, implementation, integration, testing, and sustaining engineering for assigned projects.
- Manages scope of work, risk management and mitigation, overall schedule and budget, and resources to meet established milestones.
- Serves as the primary interface for the project and works with various stakeholders (external and internal) and supporting program/project contractors.
- Establishes and approves requirements for the design, testing, and certification of project systems, subsystems, and/or components.
- Conducts project reviews and, based on these reviews, readjust milestones, workforce assignments and budget to maintain commitments.
- Develops project implementation plans. This includes offering expert recommendations with regard to functional description of the requirements, implementation schedules, and results of implementation alternatives.
- Determines design parameters for contract tasks to be initiated in connection with the project. Conducts and/or initiates contractor analytical investigations, as needed.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559490100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.