Serves as the Deputy Functional Area Manager (FAM) for Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) within the Avionics, Power, and Software (APS) Office within the Orion Program, responsible for end-to-end system engineering of the Orion avionics and software requirements, capabilities, and performance.Learn more about this agency
- Supports problem resolution of the avionics and software operations and integration during vehicle processing and testing at Kennedy Space Center; Artemis mission support planning,and Exploration Systems Directorate (ESD) cross program integration.
- Provides system engineering and integration leadership of Orion avionics and software systems, performance, and operations.
- Supports the FAM in managing the Systems Engineering and Integration Office,responsible for setting priorities,managing resources including support contractors,maintaining schedules,and providing effective communication within Orion and stakeholders.
- Leads the APS support to the KSC resident office to support Exploration Ground System (EGS) processing of the Orion vehicle and manages the effort of Problem Resolution Teams when issues arise.
- Serves as the principal APS interface to ESD boards and decisional forums in support of vehicle processing. Provides status to Orion program management on vehicle processing.
- Leads the APS Launch Commit Criteria development, flight rule review, mission planning, training, and support activities surrounding Artemis flights. This includes support to the Program level certification and flight readiness assessment process.
- Leads the management of the requirements and interfaces in the areas of Avionics and Power internal to Orion as well as with other Programs such as SLS, EGS, Gateway, and HLS.
- Participates as the APS representative to the Program requirements and verification working group and other cross-Program forums.
- Ensures that required spacecraft capabilities and performance are demonstrated and verified.
- Performs independent analyses as required to evaluate contractor data and to identify risk with respect to safety, technical, cost, and schedule impacts and to develop risk mitigation plans in conjunction with contractors engaged in this work.
- Supports Program management forums, safety review panels, as well as forums with the prime contractor.
- Supports the APS Office with expert inputs on decisions and with the evaluation and development of proposals to increase reliability, improve schedule and cost performance, and decrease risk.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559490000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.