About the Position: As the Public Affairs Specialist you will conduct the public affairs program for the Tooele Army Depot with responsibility for planning and executing command information, media relations and community relations.Learn more about this agency
- Maintain effective working relationships with members of the news media, labor organizations, small business and industrial organizations.
- Serve as official spokesperson for the Commander regarding the installations position to the public.
- Serve as the public affairs advisor to the Commander and key members of the installation.
- Identify public affairs problems emanating from survey results, changes in installation mission, analysis of media coverage, and feedback from community.
- Prepare articles for publication in internal and external journals, papers, etc., reporting on installation and employee achievements.
- Serve as the installations official contact with the public, utilizing all possible information channels including television and radio.
- Respond to information requests about the installation from local, regional, and national news media, industrial organizations and specialized or general publics in written or oral form.
- Represents the Commander at service and community meetings, participating as an active member and officer in various community and social service organization.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute various programs such as Veterans Day, Depot Open Houses, and guided tours for civilian visitors.
- Serve as the voice for marketing events, in booths, symposiums, and expositions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559489800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.