WHAT DOES THE CHIEF RESEARCH AND ANALYTICS OFFICER DO? The Chief Research and Analytics Officer partners with enterprise leaders to develop and deliver innovative, strategic support for the nation’s tax system by using a range of analytical methodologies to develop new solutions for addressing current and emerging tax compliance problems, support tax policy research, and provide insight and guidance on the application of data-driven approaches for the advancement of tax administration.Learn more about this agency
- Provides leadership, strategic direction, and expert advice on the design, development, and operation of analytical methods and solutions that guide actions and policies to improve tax administration;
- Partners with key IRS business executives to identify opportunities, develop hypotheses, launch and monitor a myriad of tests addressing taxpayer non-compliance, enhance service delivery, and protect tax revenue;
- Leads efforts to establish the framework for analytically-driven centers of excellence within the agency and infuse organizational change across the IRS toward a more data-driven and analytical culture;
- Oversees best practices in statistics, computer science, data science, economics, operations research, social science, or STEM research, drawing on equivalent experience in related fields in the public sector, private sector, or academia; serves as a bridge between the IRS and the business, financial, academic, and government analytical communities;
- Fosters a strategic, coordinated approach to multi-divisional, congressional, and international research issues; prioritizes analytical project proposals based on return on investment and other evaluative methods;
- Oversees and leads the assessment impact of new approaches and pilots; leads the development and designs final implementation plans; facilitates the establishment of the governance structure and leadership team for initiatives; develops appropriate communication elements; identifies risks and develops appropriate, effective, and coordinated processes and measures; manages and tracks the various initiatives and critical milestones;
- Ensures the IRS Commissioner is informed on all program and policy matters within his/her scope of responsibility and assists in the development of policies that positively impact the Service;
- Oversees the development and implementation of service-wide policies, programs, and systems to meet the short-term and long-term challenges and needs of the agency; and
- Assists the IRS Commissioner and leadership in performing critical strategic planning functions involving the identification of information on emerging and cross-divisional issues, the review and validation of appropriate measures and indicators, and the development of planning guidance for proposed and ongoing programs and agency initiatives.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - Periodic travel may be required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559455000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.