The Planning and Integration Office, Center Operations Directorate, is seeking a senior Engineer with a current Energy Manager Certification. Performs multiple functions which may include: planning, design, test and evaluation, cost analyses, program and project management, quality management, systems and equipment used to conduct aerospace research, development and operations programs. Monitors contracted work either externally or on-site in the facility of the contractor.Learn more about this agency
- Applies expert skills and knowledge in advanced professional theories, principles, concepts, standards and methods to direct and manage project assignments.
- Provides expert knowledge on technical problems in the field of engineering design, maintenance, operation and construction of facility, utility elements and energy management systems.
- Ensures the quality of the technical results produced by the contractor.
- Maintains close contact with organizations to integrate project management elements in the areas with advanced technology and engineering applications.
- Provides technical oversight of contractors performing planning and design services of new construction and modification of facilities projects.
- Reviews detailed design, procurement and construction schedules and formulates and disseminates decisions for appropriate action to ensure compliance with approved project requirements and schedules.
- Performs independent assessments to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of operations and recommends improvements as necessary.
- Decides on and advocates the direction and strategies for activities in an environment characterized by undefined factors and conditions. Conducts extensive analyses of the nature and scope of problems to make those decisions.
- Conducts special studies for NASA Programs/Projects and its partners.
- Plans, designs, and develops facilities, systems, and equipment used in the conduct of aerospace research, development, and operations programs.
- Develops new systems or modifications to existing facilities and equipment, and generally extends to include oversight of fabrication, construction, installation, and integration of hardware and systems; planning and performance of verification and a
- Makes technical decisions and renders expertise on energy management and federal mandates.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559405400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.