This position requires the employee to apply extensive knowledge of oral anatomy and the relationship of the tongue, gums, and biting surfaces of the teeth.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in Central Dental Laboratory at the VA Medical Center in Dallas, TX.
- Utilizes a wide variety of dental laboratory equipment.
- Uses dental lathes. Use laboratory equipment such as hand tools, engines, and hand pieces.
- Finishes and polishes cast metal partial dentures. Fits casting to the master casts, shapes, finishes and polishes by grinding with appropriate instruments and verifies occlusion.
- Attaches posterior resin teeth to simple cast partial denture frameworks.
- Trims and polishes cured dental resins.
- Performs all duplicating and investing procedures.
- Fits castings to dies, measures and finishes the metal to a gauged thickness for support of porcelain.
- Selects artificial teeth of the prescribed size, shape and color, and sets up for conventional complete and removable partial dentures in accordance with dentist's prescription.
- Performs other duties assigned as it relates to the position.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559374700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.