Learn more about this agency
RECRUITMENT/RELOCATION INCENTIVES ARE AUTHORIZED
The New Mexico VA Health Care System (NMVAHCS) Ambulatory Care Service is seeking qualified applicants to join our team. We are seeking a full-time Physician to function as part of the Raton Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC), Ambulatory Care Service Line.
The incumbent serves as a Physician. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing comprehensive outpatient care for a panel of adult patients through a Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) Model, also utilizing Tele-health as a resource of providing care.
- Serves as a provider who is highly skilled in the management of a patient's primary care needs or sub specialty evaluation and treatment; responsible to contribute to the achievement of quality of care standards, efficiency, process improvement and patient satisfaction; writes orders for diagnostic testing prescribed medications and consultation to specialty services utilizing computer-keyboarding techniques.
- Conducts new employee physicals when required and assesses employee work related injuries.
- Successful candidate will be responsible for providing comprehensive primary care services to a defined panel of patients. This includes history taking, physical examination, ordering of laboratories and diagnostic studies, diagnosis, and formulation of treatment plans for acute and chronic conditions within the scope of Internal Medicine or Family Medicine practice.
- Document all medical information in an electronic medical record.
- Treatment will include prescription of medications within the guidelines of the VA formulary, referral to specialty care services as appropriate, admission to hospital care when indicated, and patient education and counseling.
- Practice within the context of a Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) responsible for sharing responsibility so that patients will always have access to care within the team.
- May be responsible to collaborate with other nurse practitioners and/or physician assistants on their team who function as providers to their own panels of patients.
- Responsible to contribute to the achievement of quality of care standards, efficiency, process improvement, and patient satisfaction within the Raton CBOC, particularly to his/her assigned panel of patients.
- The candidate is expected to practice in accordance within accepted professional standards, organizational values, and with a commitment to excellent customer service.
Work Schedule: MONDAY- FRIDAY 8:00 AM TO 4:30 PM
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559357300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.