The Office of Provost and the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum (NASM) and Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (SAO) outlined a collaborative American Women's History Initiative relationship that enables NASM and SAO to hire a Curator of the History of American Women in Aviation, Spaceflight, Astronomy, and/or Planetary Science.Learn more about this agency
- Conduct independent technical research on the history of American women in aviation and/or spaceflight, astronomy, and/or planetary science resulting in publications in peer-reviewed journals or books
- Serve as a curator to include managing and interpreting artifacts associated with the history of American women in astronomy as well as conducting a systematic survey of the Museum's existing collection
- Conduct inventory of current of historical artifacts and establish museum procedures to aid in administering and preserving collection
- Prepare technical reports in writing as well as oral presentations to the staff and public and digital outreach on the Museum and its collection
- Foster relationships across the organization to enhance attention on the history of women in aviation and/or spaceflight, astronomy, and/or planetary science
12 - This is a term position not to exceed 4 years.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559324400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.