This position is located in VOA's Turkish Service and is responsible for the development and production of daily content on the Service's multiple digital platforms. The incumbent serves as Internet writer, reporter, and multimedia producer within the office to produce integrated, well balanced and targeted content and to grow audience on both web and social media platforms.Learn more about this agency
This vacancy is being advertised under the Delegated Examining procedures and is open to all U.S. citizens. This vacancy is being concurrently advertised under the Excepted Service procedures for all Non-US citizens
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and produces content for the Turkish Service's digital presence, including web and social media.
- Serves as Turkish Service writer, reporter, and multimedia producer for digital platforms.
- Assures editorial balance and quality in all posted material, when submitted work does not meet those standards.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in digital newsgathering and distribution, including the use of social media as a newsgathering tool.
- Constantly improves and streamlines production processes, reshaping workflow as the situation dictates.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559247700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.