See below for important information regarding this job.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as a leading expert for the planning and execution of projects for collecting detailed statistical data, conduct statistical analysis, data science and operations research activities, testing major, (cont.)
- (cont.) complex concepts for which there are few, if any, precedents because the areas of inquiry are new to the Agency.
- Serves as an authority in statistical theory, techniques and methodology for DLA Analytics Center of Excellence (ACE), working on internal and external ad hoc teams which are tasked to define problems, (cont.)
- (cont.) formulate overall strategy, plans, policy and evaluate findings requiring novel approaches in order to bring about ways and means to influence strategic planning and campaign objectives that improve and prepare the Agency for the future.
- Develops and designs statistical methods, provides leadership and consultation to other researchers in the development of research, design and advanced statistical methods.
- Conducts independent statistical, data science and operations research studies in support of analysis projects such as machine learning/artificial intelligence studies, logistics studies, contingency studies and development of decision support tools.
- Conduct operations research, predictive/prescriptive analytics and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (Al/ML) studies.
- Develops recommendations based on study results and provides management with new decision support systems/strategic business information and predictive advice concerning alternative courses of action for resolving complex operational system problems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559211300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.