THIS IS A PUBLIC NOTICE
This position is located in GSA, Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), Technology Transformation Services (TTS), Public Experience Division and is responsible for improving public’s experience by helping federal agencies build, buy, and share technology. The incumbent will serve as agency Solutions Accessibility IT expert and work with customer agencies to design, develop and support new or legacy applications software.
Duty Location: Washington, D.C.
Learn more about this agency
This Notice is issued under direct-hire authority to recruit new talent to occupations for which there is a severe shortage of candidates. We have a severe shortage of qualified applicants for our IT Specialist (INFOSEC) positions. To help us fill these jobs, we have been granted “Direct Hire Authority” or DHA. This means that when we have a vacant job, we can hire any qualified candidate, either from this notice or from any source. The benefit of applying to this notice is that your application may be shared with a hiring manager if they request resumes from this notice.
For information on DHA, please visit https://www.opm.gov/directhire/index.asp.
If selected for this position, you will perform the following duties:
- Serves as an IT security advisor on highly complex IT modernization projects and strategic initiatives, which involve a broad range of critical issues of national interest. Such work includes addressing complex IT subject matters and resolving unyielding problems in federal IT security and assurance.
- Provides expert advice on a plethora of highly complex IT security and cybersecurity matters and issues, which stem from migrating legacy IT systems to modern IT technologies.
- Independently or leading an ad hoc team, conducts research and studies that focus on unique, complex, or highly controversial IT security and assurance issues related to cybersecurity, supply chain risk management and other related IT security matters, that may be cross- cutting over several federal agencies. Issues may impact GSA, the federal government, external stakeholders such as the vendor community, and the nation, and may potentially influence international matters in regard to standards adoption or intergovernmental procedures.
- Identifies improvement opportunities and potential solutions to a myriad of IT security problems or gaps in policy, guidance, methodologies, capability or capacity to strengthen the cybersecurity posture of the government.
Key facts about this DHA notice:
- Positions will be located in Washington, DC.
- Current civil service employees will receive new appointments if selected under this Direct Hire Authority.
- Current GSA employees on competitive service appointments will not be considered.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559204700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.