This position is located within the Software Infrastructure Division (SID), Systems Development and Support Office (SDSO), of the Department of Technology Services (DTS).Learn more about this agency
The Directory Services Branch (DSB) is responsible for the Identify and Access Management system of the Federal Judiciary. This includes planning, executing, and integrating/migrating local Active Directories into a single National Active Directory. This Branch is also responsible for working with other Program Offices to integrate new applications with a Single Sign-On (SSO) integration.
The incumbent of this position will report directly to the Software Infrastructure Division Chief and will serve as Chief of the Directory Services Branch. The Branch Chief is responsible for leading a high-performance team, establishing customer relationships, identifying business needs and determining how to best meet those objectives. The primary goal of the Directory Services Branch is to successfully deliver an Identify and Access Management platform for the judiciary while ensuring that a high level of customer communication and satisfaction is maintained.
The incumbent will manage a combined federal and contract staff of 17. The incumbent will work closely with all SID Branches and other SDSO organizations to ensure all customer interfacing activities are successfully accomplished following industry best practices within Judiciary policies.
As part of DTS, the incumbent will be expected to contribute towards DTS goals including:
- Foster customer success through DTS products and services
- Deliver and promote high quality, secure, and innovative IT products and services.
- Employ business procedures and standard practices that ensure best value with adherence to industry best practices and standards.
- Provide opportunities for employee development.
- Supervising the Directory Services Branch staff.
- Establishing and/or enforcing policies, procedures and rules of use for the various products supported by the branch.
- Managing development, operations, and maintenance of existing and future efforts in support of the Directory Services Branch, SID, SDSO, and DTS objectives.
- Managing a tier 3 customer support team for all incidents, problems, knowledge and service requests associated with the products and services provided by the branch.
- Working with the Division Chief, Division Architects and peers to establish program vision, priorities and project schedules based on the Enterprise Architecture standards and industry best practices.
- Oversight of developing, operating, and maintaining systems that are in compliance with financial and IT audit standards when appropriate.
- Enduring all systems are developed maintained based on the approved Configuration and Release Management policies and procedures.
- Ensuring all systems are developed for the appropriate level of availability (e.g., replication, disaster recovery, load balanced, etc.) based on customer business requirements and best practices.
- Supervising of operations and maintenance of all systems and projects based on a full life cycle approach to include requirements, design, analysis, programming, testing, configuration management, and operations and maintenance using an Agile process.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559171200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.