If hired through this open continuous advertisement, you will provide administrative and legal support services to attorneys and legal staff within the U.S. Trustee Program. Work may include: performing legal research, document review, citation analysis, and other case-related administrative duties. Specific duties may vary slightly depending on what regional office you are hired by.Learn more about this agency
The duties listed here are expected at the full performance level (GS-11), if you are hired at a lower grade level, the duties you perform will be similar, but with greater supervision and reduced complexity.
- Support attorneys in the review of bankruptcy cases filed under title 11, U.S.C.
- Provide litigation support to Assistant U.S. Trustees, trial attorneys, and auditors in organizing and summarizing evidence and discovery, and preparing evidentiary exhibits to be presented in court, such as statistical charts, graphs, and summaries.
- Perform detailed legal research of public records.
- Examine case-related documents (e.g., financial statements, reports, inventories, invoices, and employment data) to determine relevance to the case and legal sufficiency.
- Provide technical assistance in processing legal documents and storing and retrieving case information.
Conduct conferences with debtors, trustees, and their attorneys to collect information and discuss compliance with advise on Title 11 requirements.
- Monitor the progress of pending cases and initiate action to ensure that legal pleadings, forms, reports, correspondence, and other documents are prepared and submitted within established court deadlines.
- Track and monitor important case deadlines and inform staff about approaching deliverables.
You will also perform a variety of administrative duties in support of attorneys and auditors within the regional offices, these duties may vary slightly from location to location but may generally include: regional oversight of Closing Documents for Chapter 7 cases, regional MTR case review, purchase card activities, and financial records system entries.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559141100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.