This position is located Arapaho & Roosevelt National Forest in Granby, CO.Learn more about this agency
This is a permanent seasonal position located on a Forest Service unit and has responsibility for on-the-ground management of the OHV program and assists with administration of a variety of grants and agreements and trail planning. See work scheduled in Additional Information section.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Patricia Hesch at 970-887-4124 or email@example.com.
- Assists with the administration of the Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) program by preparing OHV grant proposals; maintaining accounting records and reports; and budget preparation for grants.
- Implements and manages the unit?s OHV recreation program, including but not limited to, identifying and conducting maintenance and reconstruction of Off-Highway Vehicle routes.
- Implements and manages recreation operation and maintenance plans for developed and dispersed recreation sites.
- Operates and maintains, in safe working order, assigned vehicles, motorcycles and ATV and trail maintenance equipment and specialized equipment used.
- Utilize off-road motorcycles modified for transport of chainsaws and trail tools.
- Operate trail maintenance equipment such as dozers, bobcat skid-steers, and mini-excavators.
- Serve as a Forest Protection Officer (FPO). Forest Protection Officers are required to complete a background investigation to check for criminal history.
- Assists with the enforcement of Off-Road-Vehicle (ORV) restrictions, including maintenance and posting of regulatory signs and enforcement of restrictions.
- Reinforce to others that offensive, harassing, and intimidating behavior will not be tolerated.
76% or greater - Travel may be required for training and/or meetings. Extensive travel away from the assigned duty station for field work will be continuous for eight (8) days at a time for the majority of season (May through October).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559138300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.