About the position:Learn more about this agency
Assists the Golf Course Superintendent in the operation of the golf maintenance programs and has authority over personnel and work operations.
Applicant reviews will be completed weekly during this announcement period.
- Assists with the golf cart fleet, golf course greens/tees, practice areas, ranges, irrigation systems, clubhouse grounds and landscaping, on-course restroom facilities, wooded areas, unused acreage and maintenance vehicles and equipment.
- Assists in planning the maintenance and project work, applying agronomic and administrative expertise to achieve maintenance standards and long-range goals.
- Diagnosis and assists with prevention of golf courses turf diseases.
- Determines application of grass seed and/or sprigs, plant nutritional products, plant control products, soil and sand mixtures sufficient to maintain course within regulatory and industry standards. Assists in budgeting for equipment and purchases necessary supplies to maintain golf course properties.
- Exercises cost control measures
- Provides advice on golf course greens.
- Plans/Organizes in-service training programs about safety and the proper methods of motorized turf equipment and application of plant control products.
If interested in applying for this position you may preview the online application: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10715828
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559116300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.