This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE ANNOUNCEMENT.
The mission of Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) is to provide research, development, test and evaluation, analysis, systems engineering, integration and certification of complex naval warfare systems. As a premier naval scientific and engineering institution, Dahlgren technology is critical to new design concepts for current ships and for systems integration and interoperability for the U.S. Navy.
The Readiness and Training Systems Department has an immediate need for a software development engineer to join our team in support of various software development activities. The incumbent will provide technical computer software engineering support for the design, software development, integration, testing, and fielding of My Navy Learning component based functional, technical, and cybersecurity requirements. He/she will provide requirements analysis, architecture design, implementation, integration, validation, and transition of software development requirements for My Navy Learning modular components. NSWCDD, Dam Neck Activity (DNA) is seeking a candidate with the following skills and experience:
- Experience in analyzing requirements, designing, developing, integrating in enterprise environments, testing, and deploying software and related services.
- Experience in coordinating and collaborating for the verification and validation of software releases.
- Skill in developing, managing, and maintaining project schedules.
- Knowledge of the development of acquisition and engineering processes and products.
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies.
- Skill in utilizing Microsoft Office products and other tools to perform project management functions for government projects.
- Skill in effectively communicating both verbally and in writing to include leadership at the O-5 / GS-14 level.
- Ability to maintain working relationships with representatives of outside organizations.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559109500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.