If you are ready to begin your new career or are looking for a place to make an impact, what better place than a top ranked agency in the federal government? We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team of dedicated professionals here at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), where we are ranked number one in the Best Places to Work in the federal government rankings!
Our employees gain valuable work experience that provides them with the career boost that they are seeking. We need people like you to help us move the industry forward and continue to shape the future of energy policy.
The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's role is to oversee various aspects of the energy industry, including transmission of electricity, natural gas and oil. We also analyze proposals to build liquefied natural gas terminals and interstate natural gas pipelines and license hydropower projects. To help support the modernization of the electric system here in the U.S., we are focusing on issues associated with a smarter grid. Join us and help make a difference!
Looking for a way to make a difference? Looking for a great working environment? The Office of Energy Market Regulation (OEMR) is looking for dynamic candidates to join its team at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC). We want motivated and passionate individuals who want to serve the public interest, working on regulatory and competitive market issues for the natural gas pipeline, oil pipeline, and electric industries. FERC's mission is to ensure reliable, efficient and sustainable energy services for consumers. Using regulatory and market approaches, we work to make sure that consumers pay just and reasonable rates for their energy needs and to promote safe, reliable, secure, and efficient energy infrastructure. This position is located in the Office of Energy Market Regulation (OEMR)/Divisions of Electric Power Regulation, West, East, Central and Division of Pipeline Regulation. FERC is rated by Bestplacestowork.org as one of the top 10 federal agencies to work for. Join the team that will let you make a difference, in the great work environment you are looking for!
The Major duties of an Economist:
- Perform work individually or as a member of a team.
- Work on multiple projects that are assigned concurrently and you will act in a different capacity on each, as need dictates.
- Perform selected tasks to support Office staff in performing case processing, reviews and evaluations, filing analysis, data analysis, special projects, or other staff work.
- Conduct, or participate in the review and analysis of regulatory issues, data and other documents associated with Commission filings and/or other regulatory documents to ensure consistency with pertinent regulatory principles and Commission policies.
- Conduct, or participate in the review and analysis of regulatory data and documents associated with the natural gas and/or oil pipelines and/or electric utilities.
- Provide recommendations for assigned areas of study for use by higher-level specialist.
Occasional travel - Some travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559059800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.