This position is located in the United States Agency for Global Media (USAGM), Office of the Chief Financial Office (OCFO) in Washington, DC. The incumbent is responsible for utilizing knowledge of accounting and fiscal management policies, financial principles and analytical procedures executing and reporting on the Agency's internal controls and audit readiness.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Involved in the full cycle of requests from the auditors as a result of a variety of audit efforts such as Financial Statement, IPIA, OIG inquiries, etc. Interacts, interprets, coordinates, tracks and responds to audit requests. Works with agency personnel assisting in preparing an appropriate plan, response of recommendation, Performs quality control of responses for reasonablesness and accuracy.
- Conducts reviews and evaluation of Agency financial and program operations to support annual reporting requirements such as (but not limited to) assurance statements on FMFIA, IPERA and Internal Controls.
- Independently performs analyses an interpretation of financial data in various Agency systems.
- Performs validation testing of estimates.
- Performs IPIA analysis and testing.
- Devises and implements new methods and criteria to identify trends and patterns in the financial or program areas.
- Coordinates the resolution of financial and programmatic issues arising from changes in legislation, regulation, the needs of program managers and changes in Agency's emphasis.
- Analyzes, interprets, and/or oversees the implementation of new standards/regulations developed by central agencies (e.g. Treasury, GAO, OMB, GSA) and advises management on the standards.
- Provides authoritative policy interpretations and functional recommendations.
- Develops and implements agency audit and internal control requirements, specifically an Internal Control Program in accordance with A-123. Implementation of the plan to include, but not limited to, documented narratives outlining internal control procedures, statistical sampling, testing plans and procedures and results.
- Coordinates with financial and program officials to ensure effective implementation of required financial standards.
- Develops and implements the plan for audit testing and validation of various programs.
- Develops and implements a plan to perform Improper Payment Testing and execution of the plan.
- Performs audit liaison functions on the annual financial statements audit or the OIG/GAO audits/internal controls.
- Conducts and/or reviews and evaluates financial documents (e.g. invoices, travel vouchers, timesheets, purchase orders/contracts) for validity, adequate supporting documentation, and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates and tracks external audits and reviews and prepares responses to audits, program evaluation, and other management-related questions generated by the Agency, OMB, GAO, and the IG's Office.
- Implements audit requirements as required by legislation.
- Researches and initiates written communication independently which incorporates requirements, is clear, concise and professional.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559053300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.