This is a Direct Hire Open Continuous Announcement (OCA) for the Advanced Practice Nurse (Nurse Practitioner), GS-0610-13 Grade Level in the following locations:
Parker, Arizona; Peach Springs, Arizona; Polacca, Arizona ; Winterhaven, California ; Elko, NevadaLearn more about this agency
Advance Practice Nurse (Nurse Practitioner) will perform the following duties:
- Order, perform or interpret the results of diagnostic tests.
- Analyze and interpret patient's histories, symptoms, physical findings or diagnostic information to develop appropriate diagnoses.
- Develop treatment plans based on scientific rationale, standards of care and professional practice guidelines.
- Makes decisions concerning medical care needs of patients, which may involve various treatment modalities, prescribed medications, consults and referrals.
- Diagnose or treat acute health care problems such as illnesses, infections and injuries.
- Prescribe medications based on efficacy, safety, dosage and frequencies.
- Counsel patients about drug regimen and possible side effects or interactions with other substances such as food supplements, over-the-counter (OTC) medications and herbal remedies.
- Recommend interventions to modify behavior associated with health risks.
- Education patients about self-management of acute or chronic illnesses, tailoring instructions to patients' individual circumstances.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559050700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.