Learn more about this agency
The Lexington VA Health Care System is actively recruiting a Registered Nurse (Infection Control) for the hospital.
As a responsible member of the team the incumbent interacts with Veterans, family members, and an interdisciplinary team of professionals. Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates care based on age-specific components. Considers all characteristics of the individual, including age and life stages, state of health, race and culture, values, and previous experiences. Has a continuing responsibility for the following functions: Uses equipment correctly and accurately interprets data. Demonstrates evidence of critical thinking skills in identifying, analyzing, and resolving problems. Giving advice, counsel, or instruction to subordinate personnel on work and administrative matters as directed by the Chief of Infection Control. Gathering and reporting data from available sources (i.e. SAIL, IPEC, etc.) in written reports as well as graphs that demonstrate the facilities scores and compliance with current infection control guidelines. Uses automated systems (Word, Excel) to input and manage data. Develops presentations and provides training to educate employees on infection control. Also responsible for performance improvement, customer service/patient satisfaction, patient and employee safety standards of care and practice, the work environment, and accreditation and regulatory standards. He/she will serve as a representative on medical center and service committees and is administratively responsible to the Chief, Infection Control.Other Duties include:
- Compliance with hospital policies
- Identifies patients with hospital acquired infections and develops method for record-keeping identification of specific nosocomial infections
- Identifies nosocomial outbreaks and institutes appropriate control measures in expeditious fashion
- Develops, reviews and updates hospital policies, procedures and relevant Medical Center Memoranda
- Presents at Infection Control Committee meetings
- Conducts environmental infection control rounds, prepares reports of findings along with recommendations for correction.
- Reports to IPEC as required
- Develops and implements infection control programs for interdisciplinary staff.
- Present at new employee orientation
- Serves as consultant for infection control issues
- Develops a collaborative, cooperative and communicative relationship with other Infection Control team member(s), facility healthcare providers and health department colleagues
- Assists colleagues, including Quality management, in preparing for periodic external regulatory surveys, i.e. Joint Commission
- Participates in various relevant hospital committee meeting
- Maintains continuous learning in infection control. Works to attain certification in Infection Control.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559043000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.