The Engineering Systems Division at NASA Ames Research Center is currently seeking interested applicants for the position of Electronics Engineer. This position analyzes, designs, tests, and conducts performance validation of electronic instrumentation systems used for detecting, recording, measuring, or controlling physical conditions, phenomena, and environments encountered in aeronautical, aerospace research, and development programs.Learn more about this agency
*Amended to extend closing date to 02/14/2020.
- Designs/develops complex electronic systems such as: instruments for spaceflight projects, sensors and transducers, optical or electro-optical sensor systems, telecommunications, power system, or electronic<br>measurement and instrumentation systems.
- Manages the definition, design, development, and implementation of electronic systems.
- Identifies, develops, and facilitates the transfer of federally owned or originated technology resulting from research, design, development, or other technological advancement.
- Performs requirements definition, fabrication oversight, integrations, test procedures, performance verification and validation of spaceflight hardware and payloads and instruments.
- Leads avionics and electronics hardware design for spacecraft, designing custom electronic circuits and Printed Circuit Boards (PCB), instrumentation and payloads for small satellite and nano satellite projects.
- Identifies technical problems to project managers, drafts technical solutions, identifies and resolves inconsistencies between subsystem specifications.
- Provides assistance to subsystem leads in defining or updating specifications.
- Manages and leads flight hardware manufacturing oversight, system integration and test, verification and validation, flight hardware qualification and is responsible for spacecraft power analysis, generation, regulation, storage and distribution.
- Manages significant engineering related elements of projects related to Agency functions, programs, or projects.
- Plans, guides, coordinates, and manages the work of junior engineers, contractors, and matrixed resources.
- Performs periodic review and analysis to assess achievement of major goals.
- Provides engineering analysis for special projects, proposals, and advance planning of new systems and capabilities of all applicable Agency programs.
- Participates in the preliminary design reviews to determine, develop, and defend requirements. The engineer is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and sustaining engineering planning and execution in<br>areas such as flight systems.
- Maintains familiarity with the Center's safety manual. Conducts work in accordance with established regulations and public safety.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558972900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.