This position is located at one of the various Indian Health Service Hospitals or Clinics under the Navajo Area Office. The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a technical expert within the specialty area of Pediatrics.Learn more about this agency
NOTE: This is an Open Continuous announcement; applicants will be referred when vacancies occur.
This position will support efforts related to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Responsible for the practice of medicine or direct services to patients that involves the performance of diagnostic, preventative, or therapeutic services in hospitals and clinics.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat and prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Order, perform, interpret tests, and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients conditions.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information such as medical history, reports, and examination results. Monitor progress of patients conditions and re-evaluate treatment as necessary.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Coordinate work with Nurses, Pharmacists, Social Workers, and other allied health professionals in the provision of a variety of health services.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558968000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.