If you are ready to begin your new career or are looking for a place to make an impact, what better place than the top ranked agency in the federal government? We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team of dedicated professionals here at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), where we are ranked the number one mid-size agency in the Best Places to Work in the federal government rankings!Learn more about this agency
Our employees gain valuable work experience that provides them with the career boost that they are seeking. We need people like you to help us move the industry forward and continue to shape the future of energy policy.
The Federal Regulatory Commission's role is to oversee various aspects of the energy industry, including transmission of electricity, natural gas and oil. We also analyze proposals to build liquefied natural gas terminals and interstate natural gas pipelines and license hydropower projects. To help support the modernization of the electric system here in the U.S., we are focusing on issues associated with a smarter grid. Join us and help make a difference!
his position is located in the Division of Cybersecurity, Office of Electric Reliability. The division participates in the standards and interpretation development process, review of proposed new or modified reliability standards and interpretations filed with the Commission, and compliance, auditing and enforcement of the standards to best protect and improve the reliability and cybersecurity of the bulk power system.
Major duties of a Supervisory Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Advisor include:
- Serve as subject matter expert and authoritative technical advisor on electric power reliability, including cyber security, SCADA or CIP.
- Manage a group of technical cybersecurity analysts and auditors of cybersecurity-related standards, incidents and issues related to CIP protection of the bulk power system.
- Conduct extensive technical analysis of CIP standards and make oral and/or written recommendations to senior level officials.
- Serve as subject matter expert in OER, the Commission and other Federal agencies on matters concerning cyber security and CIP.
- Develop rulemakings, orders and policy statements that will enhance bulk power system reliability.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558954900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.