The Office of General Counsel (OGC) of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) provides legal advice and counsel to the Director of National Intelligence (DNI) and other ODNI officials on legal issues to include intelligence and national security law; procurement and acquisition law; personnel law; government ethics, budget, fiscal law; general administrative law; legislative support; and government information practices (Freedom of Information Act/Privacy Act).Learn more about this agency
- Provide expert legal advice and counsel to Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) senior leadership on complex areas of law affecting ODNI's duties and responsibilities under the National Security Act, Presidential Directives, Executive Orders, and other related laws and policies.
- Provide expert legal advice and counsel on matters relating to the running of a federal agency.
- Provide expert legal counsel to support the development, review, and preparation of United States (U.S.) Government-wide and IC wide policies, procedures, guidelines, rules, and standards.
- Counsel clients, including senior ODNI leaders, on complex legal issues and provide innovative and highly effective guidance on possible courses of action; expertly prepare complex, high profile, and persuasive legal documents on complex legal issues for a variety of internal and external recipients.
- Expertly conduct or direct legal research and analysis on extremely complex or sensitive legal issues as well as on laws, regulations, and policies that have a significant impact on ODNI and IC interests and brief ODNI leadership on issues and findings.
- Provide timely reviews of planned ODNI and IC activities for compliance with the Constitution and laws of the U.S., Executive Orders, and other applicable regulations and policies affecting ODNI and the IC and brief ODNI leaders on potential legal and policy issues, and develop solutions to address difficult legal problems having potential high-level or large-scale impact on the ODNI's or the IC's missions or activities.
- Expertly analyze statutes, bills, reports, and Congressional materials, as well as proposed Executive Branch orders, directives, regulations, and policies, to determine their effect on the ODNI and the IC; provide expert advice and counsel to senior management on legislative proposals, Congressional testimony, and related documents.
- Provide expert briefings for ODNI and IC views on particular matters to Executive Branch entities, Congress, and private sector entities; cogently brief senior ODNI leaders on legal issues that relate to or effect ODNI and IC activities.
- Maintain productive working relationships with ODNI elements, IC colleagues, executive agencies, congressional personnel and members, congressional committees, and use these relationships to advocate ODNI and IC positions, support a continuing dialog, and provide insight into ongoing and planned ODNI and IC activities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558921700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.